At Christmas time it is easy to forget that when it comes to gifts, it’s often the thought that counts and not the monetary value of a gift that makes it special.
This Christmas, join with CSR Sugar (Bake a Difference) to give others a fair go by baking gifts for your loved ones, friends and co-workers and donate the money saved from buying presents to Mission Australia. CSR will also match your donation dollar for dollar!
This is a great way to get the kids involved, baking gifts for their friends and teachers. And everyone knows a handmade gift is pretty special (even more so if it has lots of chocolate)
They have a great range of recipes if you are stuck for ideas on what you could make. Like this Double Choc Chunk Cookie recipe.
Double Choc Chunk Cookies
125g unsalted butter, softened
1¼ cups (275g) CSR Raw Caster Sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (150g) self raising flour, sifted
1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
½ cup (45g) rolled oats
125g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
125g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
2 tbsps CSR Raw Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan forced). Line two oven trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Beat butter, raw caster sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until combined, do not overbeat.
3. Stir in sifted flours, oats and chocolate.
4. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of mixture about 5cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly. Sprinkle with extra raw caster sugar.
5. Bake for 12-14 mins or until golden around the edges. Leave cookies on trays for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
If you have bake goodies for presents, what is your favourite recipe?
[Hattip Jarod & Liz ]