Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here

Cleaning Floating Floorboards?

Hi - we are getting some floating flooboards put into our house this week and was curious as to how I should go about cleaning them. I intend to vacuum over them but in terms of mopping what kind of mop / cleaner should I use??

how do you gals clean yours?? any tips or comment would be greatly appreciated

kezabelle

Re: Cleaning Floting Floorboards?

we used to have them and i used a micro fibre mop- you can't use a standard mop as too much water. i'd ring a flooring place and ask for their recommendation as you'll ruin the floor and void the warantee if you do the wrong thing.

Advanced Member

Re: Cleaning Floting Floorboards?

I am getting a floating floor laid next week, and the company is giving me a year's supply of cleaning product, I got told a light/damp mop is all you need.

I would ring the place that laid or supplied the floor boards.

Anything you could use is an Enjo mop.
    "Assumptions are the tools of fools and the bedfellows of dreamers. If you want to know something just ask..."

Re: Cleaning Floating Floorboards?

Hi Miss J. I have floating floor boards and i use a Sabco Super Swish broom/mop. Comes with two pads. One for sweeping, one for mopping. When i mop i dampen the mop head with hot water and i mop with disinfectant. I find it very effective. It's really easy to maintain the quality of the floor boards. I would recommend a Super Swish broom/mop to anyone. I bought mine from Coles.

CARN THE SAINTS

My cousin swears by mopping her floorboards with metho or VERY hot water on a barely damp mop
    I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
    ~ Voltaire

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

I'm new here

Thanks for the comments! appreciate it,

The house is looking like a bomb hit it at the moment with the carpets being ripped out, furniture everywhere etc etc - can't wait until they are put in! Not looking forward to the cleanup though

Patricia

You won't know yourself when the new floors are down...having no carpets is fantastic!

Advanced Member

They are so easy to clean! I love my floating floors. I just use a vaccum first and then I use hot water with a litlle bit of Murphy's oil soap. I do it the old fasion way though - on hands and knees. This may not be appealing for everyone. I think mop would do just fine.

Just Breathe...:D

My Mum and my DIL both have these type of floors, they use the Sabco mop as well. I have heard you shouldn't put heaps of water on the floors, just wipe them over.

Advanced Member

You can also get a vaccuum cleaner specifically for hard floors. My boss has these and vaccuums then mops with a damp mop, not wet, just damp. She also said that she gets a "direct to floor" floor cleaner and mops without wetting the mop at all. Just don't do what she did, decide you would like a nice bath then go out to water the plants while you wait and get side tracked, it's not nice to look over and find water trickling down the back stairs and realise your entire house must be flooded. It damages the underlay.
    "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast