Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A scandal waiting to happen.....

Re: Spin off - supermarket habits.

I troll for bargains (have a Safeway and a Coles very close to the dodgy shop, so I do both supermarkets then. Prefer market shopping for organic farmers' market type of stuff. (I miss Queen Victoria Market....I used to go twice a week when I worked at the scumsucker bank.)
    Kekka
    Nobody on their death bed ever said "I wish I'd spent more time at the office".

I have no interest in exercising great courtesy to those that afford me none.

Just Breathe...:D

I always shop at Woolworths, and normally take a small stack of carry bags, some hessian. I find it easier to fit more food in those bags and they are easier to lift in and out of the car. I have to walk up a ramp at home and have had those crappy plastic bags from the supermarket break open..So annoying.
    I big shop once a fortnight but always find I need something else every day. So for that reason I have one of those bags that look like a purse when closed.
    Growing old Inevitable...........Growing up Optional.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I shop when I need something, daily or every second day.
    I usually shop at the Safeway up the road because I can't actually stomach any other sort of milk but generic Safeway Lite stuff.

I also love self-serve and mostly due to the fact that I don't have to interact with the people... urgh, also, the other day I bought a clock for the lounge room and needed a single C sized battery. C sized batteries are very popular for adult toys, so I felt like the check out person was going to think I was going home to have a good time instead of being able to read the time.

I don't use reuseable bags... I don't have a good excuse except that I usually forget to take my pills in the morning, so what hope do I have with shopping bags, huh?

Frannie is that the IGA one at Alchester, it's such a rip off!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    I have one of those bags that look like a purse when closed.
    I don't know those ones C. I can always add something to my ever expanding bag of goodies.

Advanced Member

We shop Sunday morning, Scott plans what he/we are cooking/eating for the week while we are having breakfast, and he makes a list and if it's not on the list we don't buy it, our budget is $100 and that includes all meat and veg. We shop at Coles and have 6 re-usable bags that I wash once a month. We don't muck around we are in and out in under an hour.

One night during the week (like Wednesday) I tend to get some fresh bread and a few bits and pieces.
    "Assumptions are the tools of fools and the bedfellows of dreamers. If you want to know something just ask..."

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine

I do a big shop once a week and if I have a really big shop where it will go over $250 I order online and get it delivered and it is free delivery, I do buy milk or bread if I run out and vegies , usually at Woolies ,
    Monaro Mad Mum:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just Breathe...:D

I spend heaps on food.
    I spent 150 last Sunday, and will spend at least another 100 before the week is out. And, there is only two of us.
    Although this morning I had my GS here and he saw no biscuits in the barrel...Came and asked me *whats the meaning of this*...
    Growing old Inevitable...........Growing up Optional.

Killer of mystical vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    I always shop at Woolworths, and normally take a small stack of carry bags, some hessian. I find it easier to fit more food in those bags and they are easier to lift in and out of the car. I have to walk up a ramp at home and have had those crappy plastic bags from the supermarket break open..So annoying.
    I big shop once a fortnight but always find I need something else every day. So for that reason I have one of those bags that look like a purse when closed.
    That's why I have the reusable ones. They can take more weight and just don't break. I get the parachute material type ones that just fold up into a pack. They're also machine washable and air dry quickly so if anything spills in them, that's an easy fix.

I use the self serve check out so no worries about the check out chicks/blokes complaining about the reusable bags, even though mine are always clean.

I shop when I need to and when I have the inclination to do so. I really should go this afternoon because we are out of cereal and I have nothing to make for dinner. I just don't want to go on a Thursday night though.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

About Me | Flickr

In Never Never Land !!

Binx says: Frannie is that the IGA one at Alchester, it's such a rip off!
    Yes & Yes Binx.......
    Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live !

Advanced Member

From next term I will have groceries delivered by Coles on a Tuesday and a visit to the fruit shop and the gluten free shop on a Saturday. I will have other kids here from 7am to 6pm and won't take them shopping lol. No thanks. Will have to put fuel in the car after those times, too.
    "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Advanced Member

We shop just about every day and we don't menu plan. and mostly at the new wollies.
    The IGA here is very old and a rip off too and I wouldn't buy thier meat in a fit and I do self check out when I can, that way I can pack the bags how I want them packed!
    We also have a lot of markets up here so we can get organic veggies cheap if you don't mind a bit of clay on them..

When life slaps you in the face,
    It's time to get up and slap it back!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123