Head Whore

Question A Question For Ben

Has anyone seen this & if so what did you think?
    It is on at Bribie so if it is any good I may ask my mate if she would like to go to the movies

Advanced Member

Re: A Question For Ben

Hi Di

Yep I saw it on Valentines night, Scott and I both enjoyed it, easy to watch Australian flick, it is set in Melbourne.

It is directed by Rob Stitch (who directed "The Castle" and "The Dish") and while this film is no where near as good as this, it really is a lovely and easy to watch flick, it won't ever win an Oscar but it will give you a few laughs along the way. The fault with it is that the romance never really convinces.
    "Assumptions are the tools of fools and the bedfellows of dreamers. If you want to know something just ask..."

Head Whore

Thanks Alex I knew I could rely on you
    Tell me though, is it anything like 'the castle' I have not seen the dish but really could not it through more then half hour of the castle because o me it was stupid although Klaus is still lol whenever he watches it

Advanced Member

No it is nothing like the Dish or the Castle, it is no slap stick comedy, it has a story line with a few funny lines, and Ben (Josh Taylor) has a few good mates around him, one is a bit dumb and the other who is a lawyer and has a lovely story of his own.

It shows Ben kind of having a mid life crisis as 27 or 28, has had top successful jobs and lots women but he is "missing something from his life" and goes to to his school reunion to give a talk and meets Alex (Rachel Taylor) and hears about her life and what she has been doing since she left school...and gets him thinking...

The support cast is great, shows true friendship, mateship I guess, also shows Melbourne is a fantastic way (ie the Australian Open) the only disappointment is Jodi Gordon (sorry but the girl can't act to save herself, she was also terrible in "The Cup" another great Australian film that I would also recommend).
    "Assumptions are the tools of fools and the bedfellows of dreamers. If you want to know something just ask..."

Head Whore

Okay sounds good thankyou I will see if Jen would like to see it with me

Trust in God. She will provide.

I agree with you re The Castle, boring as.....but thoroughly enjoyed The Dish
    Last edited by Heather; 19-03-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    I am beautiful inside and out so I should love myself unconditionally.

Weather it be or weather it not Heather complains 'cause it's far from hot
    Her disdain for the rain is catching on quickly To Mad Old Cow she can be quite prickly
    Grab jumper, a scarf or even a dog.
    That'll warm you up, you jolly great snob!!

In humour by Kekka

Thank you Cherish