Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Grandma

Re: New Grandma

Just to let you all know. I went to the hospital tonight and all is great. i asked my son to ask his partner if it was Ok before we visited and she said of course. She asked if we would come up again tomorrow and I said I would wait to make sure she didn't have too many visitors first but she said no she really wants us up there. The two of us were alone for about 15mins and everything was fine. I really wasn't expecting to be treated differently on the day he was born but now realize the dynamics of the relationships are different and that when my daughter has a baby that it may be the other way around in that case. ( though I would make sure she considers the MIL ) Anyway I was obviously being overly sensitive on what was a very emotional day and I very much appreciate the gift my DIL and son has given us. We are blessed.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 20-03-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Count your age by friends, not years

That's good to know Ralphie

Has he got a name yet???
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes" - William Gibson
    A stranger is only a friend you haven't met yet

Head Whore

Great to hear everything worked out so well & everyone is happy

Trust in God. She will provide.

Anyway I was obviously being overly sensitive on what was a very emotional day and I very much appreciate the gift my DIL and son has given us. We are blessed.
    I'm thinking you are going to make one hell of a Nanna......and MIL too
    I am beautiful inside and out so I should love myself unconditionally.

Weather it be or weather it not Heather complains 'cause it's far from hot
    Her disdain for the rain is catching on quickly To Mad Old Cow she can be quite prickly
    Grab jumper, a scarf or even a dog.
    That'll warm you up, you jolly great snob!!

In humour by Kekka

Thank you Cherish

Thanks so much Heather

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine

Woohoo , glad all is ok, how nice for you all, a baby is such a joy !!!
    Monaro Mad Mum:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AFW Junkie

Glad it all worked out fine. How wonderful to have a grandchild!
    Please don't be offended by their choice....I would only ever have thought of having hubby with me during birth. Not even my mum and even though I really love my mother in law...definitely not. For me it was such an intimate, confronting, overwhelming experience and private moment...I honestly could not have had another person in there. I decided after my 2 that I would rather give birth than watch someone give birth....I would happiest to be involved in all the cuddles and smooching after.
    If you like you can visit me on http://happyasapiginmud.wordpress.com/

Just Breathe...:D

Hey Ralphie, I just noticed you have been back to let us know you have been up to the hospital and all is ok.
    I thought it would be ok, and you were maybe worrying a bit..But like you have just said, when it is yor DD things may be different.

I could bear anyone else but my DH to be present, but times are a changing....still.
    Growing old Inevitable...........Growing up Optional.

Count your age by friends, not years

When I watch One Born Every Minute & sometimes they have their grown up children present & I'm like WTH!!!!

Also, if the need arises for a section & the girl ( usually a young girl, chooses her Mum ) I feel soo sorry for the man,after all, it's his baby too.

Anyway, so glad it's all sorted now....& has he got a name yet!!! lol
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes" - William Gibson
    A stranger is only a friend you haven't met yet

Advanced Member

Firstly Congrats! Being a Granma is WAY better than being a mother...

I had my mother in law in the delivery room with my first. And I wouldn't change it for the world, we used to get on pretty well once we got to know each other (we are both very quiet people) But after sharing my daughters birth with her, we formed a bond that is still there today, even though I have be divorced from her son for 12 years now.

Maybe she will be comfortable with you for their next baby and you will get the enjoy the moment with your son.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123