Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirena IUD

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine

Re: Mirena IUD

Wish I could help but I know nothing about it Cherie, hope she gets some relief soon though
    Monaro Mad Mum:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AFW Junkie

Gosh, second, third, forth opinion time! Messing with the hormones of such a young lady can't be good and may cause more harm than good. If they don't know what causes the problems to start with how can thy possibly begin to guess what will fix it??? I would think more exhaustive investigation Is in order. People don't have pains for no reason!

Just Breathe...:D

CB There have been many many tests for this young girl. They are doing another this week. It was mentioned as an option.
    They may still just put her on the pill but she would have to not take the sugar pills, just keep taking the pill..No break, no period. Like I said it has been going on for a very long time and now they are looking at options.
    I appreciate all answers, Thanks you girls I will pass on the info.
    Growing old Inevitable...........Growing up Optional.

AFW Junkie

You say every test imaginable, has she had any investigative surgery as in a keyhole examination? I would be worried an IUD at such a young age and also one that pumps artificial hormones would really mess with the rest of her puberty and development and may increase e likelihood of fertility problems in the future.

There is a keyhole thing taking place this week.
    I think the young one has already resigned herself to the fact it may hinder having a child.

AFW Junkie

Poor thing I hope they find some answers for her.

Yes I hope so too. She has had this for a couple years now. Hoping they find out what it is this week. There is talk that it may be nerves pressing against something, if thats what it is, they may be able to recify with an operation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12