Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Advanced Member

Re: My child won't be allowed to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
    i respectfully disgaree LMF my life is no where online other than here and i'm not an open book even on here never have i said DD's first name or DH's first name, i would doubt anyone would know it....
    you can only be out there if you allow it.
    i choose to be private and the people that know me on here understand that i dont want my day to day life clashing with what people can see on the net.
    i am totally invisible if anyone ever search's for me.
    the reason i am invisible is i am simply not on the net other than here.
    I meant with a lot of people, of course not everyone. When dd was born, we still had film cameras so only took photos of certain things and showed them to people we saw. Now photos of everything are put up. Statuses updated every half hour. It's a whole new world, this is mainly with people under 25. Some older people do it too.
    "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Just Breathe...:D

Thats right a lot of older people do..not me though because I am selectively active on FB.
    Have to say I am one of the mums who says her kids were very good as little ones..Well two out of three actually.
    Two were very good, one was a bit naughty, and can still be naughty even now she is close to 40.
    My kids knew what I said was what I meant and I never swayed from that. I am a big softy now with my grandies though.
    And yes I bribed them all the time, but in a good way.
    If you be good for me today at the shops I will let you...........and I did. So I had to be careful what I was bribing them with as I had to carry it out.
    Growing old Inevitable...........Growing up Optional.

cow tipping is a myth

http://www.smh.com.au/world/the-nann...427-1xowv.html
    Let this be a cautionary tale to those of us who are quick to overshare online

I think my children are quite well behaved the majority of the time (and like any kids, certainly have their moments). I'm probably not as strict as some people, and I don't smack as a disciplinary measure, ever (having been physically abused by my father as a child, I don't want my children to EVER go through that. And also I am concerned that with that upbringing, I might not be able to rationally work out what is 'reasonable'.) but my children generally know what constitutes "acceptable" behaviour. I think I probably see the 'worst' of them, as their teachers speak of their behaviour in a complimentary manner.

Oh, and I do use bribery, like a champion. BUT if they don't do what I've stipulated in order to receive the bribe, then they don't get it.

Advanced Member

I use bribery, threats, positive reinforcement, smacking, time out/in, rewards, whatever I think will work in the mood she's in at the time. Whatever works, so long as it doesn't constitut abuse or neglect. I just tell parents that if they start to buy a milkshake and donut for shopping trips be prepared that it could become a pattern. If they are willing for it to be consistent then fine, otherwise be careful. If you do it twice in a row then it might be expected.
    "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Count your age by friends, not years

My sister went to live at my Mums for a few months. Her 3yr old son was my GS I used to goo & see him 2/3 times a week. It got to the stage where, when I walked in, he would run to me & say "T shirt? Money??" All said with a happy smile as if he was pleased to see me
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes" - William Gibson
    A stranger is only a friend you haven't met yet

Advanced Member

I had a friend that lived up the street, when her nieces and nephews came to visit her they would come straight to my place knock on my door and ask for biscuits cos I always had the good ones at my house. And the best snacks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234