Advanced Member

China Buys British Weetabix.

Weetabix, produced in Britain since 1932, has effectively been sold to China. Bright Foods, which is run by the council responsible for the city of Shanghai, is paying 720 million pounds for a 60 per cent controlling stake in the company. But the company's staff will want reassurances that production will remain in the UK, yeah sure it will.

Weetabix was family owned until 2004 when it was bought by a Texan private equity firm, Lion Capital. Now, the business is effectively being nationalised not by the British government, but by the Chinese.

I think the creepy Communist regime of China will be a real worry for Oz in the future, but probably long after I'm pushing up daisies.

Advanced Member

Re: China Buys British Weetabix.

Ok, so Weetabix is different to Weetbix? which are made by Sanitarium, a company I thought was affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church - which is why they make various vegan products such as soy milks.
    And is 100% Australian owned - according to back cover of my Weetbix box.

Oh well, I'll stick to Weetbix and supporting Aussie made - not sure if Ive ever bought Weetabix anyway.

Count your age by friends, not years

Is nothing sacred!???
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes" - William Gibson
    A stranger is only a friend you haven't met yet

Trust in God. She will provide.

I think the creepy Communist regime of China will be a real worry for Oz in the future, but probably long after I'm pushing up daisies.
    .....I wouldn't bank on that Red. The Chinese are buying so much property in Australia, not just houses but masses of agricultural areas too.
    I am beautiful inside and out so I should love myself unconditionally.

Weather it be or weather it not Heather complains 'cause it's far from hot
    Her disdain for the rain is catching on quickly To Mad Old Cow she can be quite prickly
    Grab jumper, a scarf or even a dog.
    That'll warm you up, you jolly great snob!!

In humour by Kekka

Thank you Cherish