Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mothers Day

cow tipping is a myth

Re: Mothers Day

I'm hoping to get a wall clock for the kitchen to replace the clock there that never, ever has the right time. I don't mean it loses time or skips ahead, it's just constantly, massively wrong and no amount of battery changing fixes it.

For my mum, unless I find something tomorrow, probably just flowers and a card.

For MIL, we took a photo of her with the children yesterday so we'll get it printed and framed.

Advanced Member

its harder as the years go on to find the right present IMO.
    Namaste

Killer of mystical vibes

Totally agree with that, especially for mothers who seem to have everything and anything. The last couple of years I have taken my mum out for breakfast/brunch/lunch and shouted her a meal somewhere nice.

I don't organise, do or buy anything for MIL. I figure while John draws breath on this earth, all I should need to do is remind him that Mother's Day is coming up and he should take care of the rest.

This year Mum will be in the UK so I will no doubt ring her at some ungodly hour on the wrong day to wish her a happy Mother's Day.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

About Me | Flickr

Advanced Member

I have sent mine a card, which hopefully will get there on time. Being in different cities, it's hard to do much more than that and have a long talk on the phone.

Count your age by friends, not years

I keep popping in here & it keeps bringing up memories I remmeber buying my Mum some chocolates one Mothers day ( I'd be about 11 ish ) She ate the 2 nutty ones, ( the only ones she liked ) I ate the rest Even the coffee & strawberry ones that I really don't like, so my sisters & brothers wouldn't have one!!!
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes" - William Gibson
    A stranger is only a friend you haven't met yet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123