Mcdonald’s hotcakes…Mmmmm pancakes *insert drooling*
Ever wanted to recreate them at home? Well now you can!
I finally got around to trying this recipe on the weekend, it was very similar to my regular recipe..but some tweaking..and adding vanilla O M G they totes taste just like McDonald’s hotcakes!
Many thanks to the lovely Liss at Frills in the Hills, you should totes jump over and check out her other amazing recipes!
But..onto the pancakes..
What you’ll need….
2 cups plain flour
2 tb caster sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp salt
600ml buttermilk (i.e. one carton)
80g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
Put your buttermilk into your bowl. Then add your sifted dry ingredients and melt the butter. Beat with an electric mixer until the mix is fluffy.
Please don’t tell me you need guided instructions on how to actually cook them?
I doubled the recipe, cause my lot are pancake pigs. Serve with butter and maple syrup, although my fave pancake topping is dulche de leche (or Top N Fill)
Don’t forget to check out Frills in the Hills, she even made her own oreos!
Here is a good recipe if you are after a basic pancake recipe..
125g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
butter (or margarine)
PLUS caster sugar, lemon juice
OR other yummy fillings
jam, honey, minced chicken, chopped mushrooms, grated cheese, vegemite, peanut butter, banana etc
• Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl
• Make a well into the middle and break egg into it
• Add milk a little at a time, stirring into flour
• To remove any lumps beat well for about 5 minutes until bubbly and creamy
• Let stand for about an hour
• Melt butter (or margarine) in frying pan
• Pour in enough batter to cover base of pan and cook over low heat
• When underside is brown, turn or toss, agitating pan so pancake doesn’t stick.
• When the second side is brown turn pancake on to greaseproof paper
• Sprinkle with caster sugar and lemon juice or one of the other suggested fillings
• Roll up and keep warm while cooking the remainder of the pancakes